Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Broken Glass Confetti

I am lost to this world. Thrown into a game I do not want to play. 
But I love life, I see its beauty in every crack on the wall, in the 
seed of the flower and in the dew that sits on its petal. The bees, 
the birds, yes they are all lovely and alive. but I am drawn to the 
unknown, the hidden, the neglected, the unseen, the forgotten 
and the forbidden. Most of all the forbidden. I am so absorbed into 
this other world, the micro world of being, that I no longer see 
the norm, the obvious. I can not exists in my world. It doesn't 
sustain life. I did not subscribe to the rat race, I don't belong to this 
place and I don't know where else to go. I am running out of air. 

I loved, I laughed, I reached out and I touched and all I got was a 
cold stare. A silent snare. And I know I've been loved and I've been 
touched and I've been so grateful for all that I got. 
I cannot help feeling alien. People seem to know something about 
me that I don't. I feel it all the time and it's unsettling. I have felt this 
for a long time and it is getting stronger. They are too careful and 
considerate towards me. It is like I am a book they have all read and 
know my fate. I have an uneasy feeling it was not a happy ending 
but a good read none the less. Nothing is ever said, but I can read it 
in their eyes and their ways.

I love people. I want to hug them all but they pull away. Can't get too 
close. I would do anything for a stranger who needs my help or just a favor. 
I guess I never understood any of the rules but I follow them. 
Sometimes I think may be we all feel this way. It is normal. Wishful thinking.
Even if it was true, how can it help me?

It is cold out here. Desolate. Arctic. I want to shout. Scream. 
Can anyone show me the way? 
The unspoken rule is that I must work it out by myself. 
I am drifting further away.

I have become like the invisible Art I see every where. In the broken city, 
in the junk yards, from every corner they scream at me to save them 
from obscurity. And now I am the obscure. 
Trapped in the cracks. 

Seek me out when you pass by the walls. When you see the scratches and 
the chipped souls.



1 comment:

  1. So I propose a toast. To obscurity I submit this post. Archived for the virtual posterity.

    ReplyDelete